ZOOM Online: Tablet Compaction Analysis and how to improve your products
The purpose of this one day course is to help you to understand what are the key critical quality attributes of a good tablet and how these can be studied using compaction analysis. It will include a practical demonstration of the Gamlen Powder Analysis system on samples brought by attendees.
- Understanding the compaction process.
- What is compaction and why is it so important
- What is the purpose of compaction analysis
- What goes into a tablet and why is it added
- Measurement of compaction parameters – instrumentation and its problems.
- Compaction simulation.
- Compaction equations – overview and history
- Heckel analysis – applications and limitations
- Using the Gamlen Powder Compaction Analyser and Dashboard system
- Development and application of Dynamic Yield Stress and Dynamic Youngs Modulus
- Live sample analysis of attendees’ samples
- Wrap up and learning points
Michael Gamlen (Tableting and Stability Testing Expert)
Michael is managing director of Pharmaceutical Development Services Limited, a Nottingham UK-based technical consultancy. Michael has over 30 years experience of tablet development. Awarded a first class honours degree in pharmacy, specialising in pharmaceutical engineering. He studied for a PhD at Nottingham University. He was head of tablet development at the The Wellcome Foundation for 15 years, and has since worked for Vanguard Medica Limited and as a consultant. He specialises in managing product development, formulation, tablet and process development studies. He has been teaching professional tabletting courses for many years. His courses are highly rated, often exceeding the expectation of participants.
Michael continually updates the content of his courses with guidance and extracts from latest scientific papers. He provides a substantial amount of relevant literature to all course participants and copies of all notes and guidance used. He is very popular presenter.