Oral Solid Dosage Manufacturing Technology
Oral Solid dosage forms as Tablets and Capsules, are some of the most used methods of drug delivery.
This 1-day interactive workshop is intended to provide an understanding of the fundamentals of Oral Solid Dosage manufacture and to highlight the dependency between the various process steps.
Some of the benefits to be derived from this workshop include:
- An understanding of the basics of the Tablet Making Process.
- An appreciation of the demands of the new production environment
- An appreciation of the individual's role in improving quality at all process stages
- A knowledge of "how things work" and how this may help in trouble shooting & fixing problems
The course will commence at 9.00am and finish at 5.00pm
- Tablet Formulation
- Impact of Powders Characteristics on Formulation Properties
- Tablet Manufacturing Process
- Dry Milling (Dry Granulation)
- Tablet Compression
- Warehousing and Quarantine
Mike is an independent training consultant specialising in the area of oral solid dosage manufacturing technology. Mike has been a regular presenter at courses and training events in his 34 year association with the process industries. An expert in oral solid dosage process technology, facility design, commissioning and start-up, Mike specialises in granulation and containment technology. Mike has a background as a chemical engineer with over 30 years experience in technology development and facility design roles, with the ICI, Zeneca and AstraZeneca. He has had experience of working on OSD facility projects in the UK, France, Germany, US, Sweden, Puerto Rico and Egypt. Mike has also been instrumental in introducing new technologies into the business such as microwave and continuous processing.
Mike graduated from Bradford with a degree in Chemical Engineering and a PhD on mixing technology.
Pharmaceutical facility manufacturing staff and maintenance staff.
Quality Assurance staff, Regulatory staff, Engineering staff, Project Managers and anybody else involved in operations peripheral to manufacturing who require an understanding of the basic process operations.
‘Very good overview of OSD manufacturing’
‘Would recommend this course’
‘Very knowledgeable trainer’