Chiral Analysis by Chromatography
This course will cover all aspects of the chromatographic separation of enantiomers for analysis or preparative application.
After a stimulating brief introduction/refresher section, delegates will be shown the various chromatographic means to resolve enantiomers, including chiral derivatisation but focussing on the use of chiral HPLC columns. The different types of commercial chiral columns will be reviewed, together with strategies to enable speedy resolutions. Optimisation of chiral methods will be covered, together with an assessment of what is expected by the regulatory authorities.
Upon completion of this course you will
- Understand all aspects of stereochemistry with a stimulating brief introduction/refresher module
- Have the ability to review the various chromatographic means to resolve enantiomers, including chiral derivatisation but focussing on the use of chiral HPLC columns
- Discover how to resolve enantiomers efficiently by chiral HPLC
- Be able to survey the types of commercially available chiral HPLC columns
- Learn how to optimise chiral HPLC methods
- Be able to explore the possibilities of scaling up chiral separations for preparative applications
- Appreciate what is expected by regulatory authorities
The course will include workshops which will break up the day and encourage interaction. These are highly motivating and stimulating activities and will include topics such as:
- Selection of a chiral resolution strategy
- Selection of a chiral column
- Optimisation of the chiral separation